Micro-Coaching & Accountability™
The blocking and
tackling of management.
The traditional coaching model is broken. It’s a slow, contrived, check-the-box formality. Micro-coaching, on the other hand, is the practice of engaging infrequent, brief, targeted, in-workflow coaching conversations. Micro-coaching sessions are bite-sized, short burst encounters that typically last between one and 10 minutes. They’re not scheduled, scripted, or forced. Instead, they’re timely, informal touch points that take place at the moment of need.
The Coaching & Accountability Matrix™
Shift the coaching pattern from formal, long cycle to informal, short cycle.
Accelerate the development and performance of each team member.
Create and sustain a culture of micro-coaching and outcome accountability.
Managers at every level
One-day workshop delivered onsite
The 2 Levers of Leadership
• Modeling & coaching
• The power of one-on-one
Traditional Coaching vs. Micro-Coaching
• Traditional coaching vs. micro-coaching analysis
• Coaches, not bosses
• Demand for micro-coaching
The Coaching & Accountability Matrix
• The coaching continuum: tell-to-ask
• The accountability continuum: task-to-process-to-outcome
• Coaching behavior matrix
• Top three accountability mistakes
Assessing Your Skills
• Coaching & accountability skills assessment
• Coaching derailers
Tools & Practice
• Round 1: Coaching plan
• Round 2: Derailer
• B.I.G. coaching model
• Round 3: Least coachable person
• Round 4: Listening & questioning
• Round 5: Micro-coaching rounds
Creating a Coaching Culture & 3-3-3 Planning
• The culture formation hypothesis
• The anatomy of culture
• Creating your 333 plan
Materials (Participants receive)
Smart Card deck of key concepts and tools
Coaching & accountability skills assessment
333 plan assessment
Pricing is based on a per participant license plus training facilitation